Thursday, June 6, 2013

DIY Water Table

I was searching and searching for ideas for things for my little kids to do with water, and I had almost settled on going out to Home Depot, buying some plywood and building a water table like this article suggests.  However, it seemed just a little more complicated than I needed right now.  After all, my kids are only 3 and 1. And my husband is out of town.  And I wanted something I could do today.  I finally stumbled upon a blog called No Time For Flashcards which had the perfect solution.  Easy.  Simple.  Fast.  Cheap.  And I actually had all the stuff I needed to put it together.  

Materials Needed: 

-Medium - Large sized Container
-Water
-Assorted Water Toys (I used some bath toys, measuring cups, a couple of cheap watering cans I got from Wal-Mart for $1 each, and some little plastic sand toys. I wanted a cool funnel thing like the other blog had, but that can be added once I find one.)
-Kids

Step 1.  Combine All Ingredients. 





This lasted for almost 45 minutes of solid (no-fighting!) playing.  And for a 3 year old and a 1 year old, that is saying quite a bit.  Definite Win. 

If you have a little more time on your hands, here are some pretty cool DIY water-tables I discovered during my search.  I'd love to make one of these eventually!

DIY Farmhouse Sand and Water Table

DIY Water Table or Sandbox Tutorial






No comments:

Post a Comment