Sunday, June 2, 2013

Doing Things The Hard Way


I love being a mom. In fact, if I was anything else in the whole world, I know that if I wasn't a mom I would feel like a part of me was missing. But I have been having a lot of days lately thinking about my life as it used to be. And maybe missing it a little bit.

I think being naseous for 17 weeks in a row can do that to a person.

So sparing you the details of my pity party, I've finally come to the conclusion that I can still do things. Big things! Just because I am a mom doesn't not mean the end of dreams. It doesn't mean I can no longer do anything for myself. In fact, because I'm a mom means the things that I do will give me even more satisfaction that if I did it the easy way. Like I did before I had kids. I mean, how hard is it to get up and go for a run in the morning if that is the only hard thing you have to do that day? If you know that as soon as you get back you can treat yourself to a warm breakfast and (gasp!) a shower! 

So this is my journey to my marathon. One step at a time. And yes I'm starting now even though I'm 17 weeks pregnant because I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of waiting for a time when it will be easy to set a goal and achieve it, because I've FINALLY come to the conclusion that there will be no easy time in the forseeable future.  

Marathon Here I Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment